Global Leadership in Sustainable Organic Herb Production
We have a saying here at Trout Lake Farm. It is “Consider the Source.” What this means is that we are constantly striving to improve our systems and products so that we can continue to be your trusted source for healing herbs. What motivates us each day is knowing that you are counting on us for your ingredients, and making sure that we are doing all the right things out here in the fields, so that you receive only the best. We don’t have to do it this way but it is what lights us up, gives us our passion, and makes us proud. We simply want to do our best so you can have the best.
Our Farming Practices utilize the Eight Principles of the Nutrilite Sustainable Farming System (NSFS). It is required that those principles be met on all Nutrilite Farms, interpreted at each location in a way that is balanced and economically, ecologically and socially sound for that specific farm location. Our goal is to enhance and sustain rather than reduce and simplify biological relationships and interactions.
- Considering the farm as an organism – including the interaction and diversity of the people, animals, plants and elements of the earth working together in perfect balance.
- The integration and diversity of the plants that are cultivated, and the people and animals living on the farm.
- The preservation of habitats – natural ecological areas within the farm boundaries to sustain the diversity of both native plant and animal species.
- Wide based soil nutrition – protecting the soil as a living organism, with the goal of maintaining 45 to 50 elements in the soil by feeding the soil natural materials.
- No contamination allowed – creating a healthy and thriving base so that the need for curative measures is limited.
- Preservation and cultivation of a wide variety of seeds.
- Traceability of every action performed on each piece of land, so that we may truly work as one with nature and respect the farm as a living organism.
- Social life – ensuring that the farm is a viable operation that will provide economic security and sustainability for the families who depend on it.